Making a Complaint

What can I make a complaint about?

You can complain about something that has had a negative impact on you, such as anything that has caused any form of loss, damage, distress or inconvenience. This includes general standards of the LGBT+ Police Network, any service you’ve received from the Network or how we’re using our resources.

Complaints can be made about individuals who are aligned with the Network, including serving officers, members of police staff, contractors and volunteers.

If your complaint is about the Network as an organisation, you need to have been directly affected by the issue you’re complaining about.

If your complaint is about a person, you need to have either witnessed their actions or have been directly affected by them.

For example, you can’t make a complaint about an image or video you’ve seen on a mobile phone or social media involving people you don’t know or an event you didn’t attend.

How to make a complaint

If you would like to make a complaint relating to the work of the National LGBT+ Police Network, its website, or its affiliated Twitter Account (@LGBTPoliceUK), please contact your local police service through the non-emergency contact number, 101. You can also report to your local service online here.

Complaints will be resolved or investigated in line with national regulations which apply to all police forces.  Representatives from the National LGBT+ Police Network will work to progress complaints alongside the appropriate local police service

Please do not use the contact forms found on this website to report your complaint.